eBay and other online auction sites have dominated the way consumers buy goods. Since the majority of internet scams are from online sales gone bad it is even more important […]
Read more »
ID Theft & Scams
- If you are reading this, you’re a possible target for Internet scams. Just by having an email address, you are a target. It really is that simple.
- College students are victimized by identity theft more than any other age group.
- Types of theft include hackers gaining access to personal information from databases, phishing e-mails or pop-ups which persuade users to disclose personal information, and cases in which personal information was sold to illegitimate organizations.
- People can protect their identity by limiting the amount of personal information they disclose and being aware of various scams.
- Listed below are brief descriptions of a few popular scams. To learn more on these scams and how to protect yourself, follow the links to the Federal Trade Commission webpages