ITSA Day 2009
October 7, 2009
- Event: Information Technology Security Awareness Day
- Location: Reitz Union Auditorium, 2nd Floor
- Date: Wednesday, October 7, 2009
- Time: 9:30 am – 2:45 pm
- Note: This event will not be streamed live. We encourage you to attend in person for the best experience where you can meet the speakers and other professionals who share an interest in keeping their networks secure.
- 9:30 am – Joe Glover, UF Provost, Welcome Remarks
- 10:00 am – Matt Shannon, Founder, F-Response & Agile Risk Management: http://www.f-response.com/
- 11:00 am – George Spanakis, Microsoft Account Technology Strategist, Microsoft: http://www.microsoft.com
- 1:00 pm – Michael St. Neitzel, VP of Threat Research, Sunbelt Software: http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com. View a video of Michael Neitzel’s presentation.
- 2:00 pm – Kevin Johnson, Senior Security Analyst, InGuardians: http://www.inguardians.com. View the presentation “Social Zombies: Privacy and the UnDead” by Kevin Johnson (PDF, 5.8 MB).
The University of Florida’s Information Technology Security Awareness (ITSA) Day will be held Wednesday, October 7, in the Reitz Union Auditorium on the UF campus. The event is sponsored by the University of Florida Office of the Chief Information Officer and will be hosted by the UF Office of Information Security and Compliance.
As always, we have a lineup of powerhouse speakers for the day. They include:
Topics will include web application penetration testing and the impact of social networks; the affect of modern malware on incident response and digital forensics; the current state of malware threats; and strategic enterprise security.
ITSA Day is targeted at professional IT workers at the University of Florida, and those in education, government, and business in the surrounding areas. It is a great opportunity to learn more about relevant security topics and network with other IT professionals from all over Florida.
Bringing IT security awareness to campus IT workers and the community is a significant goal of the UF Office of Information Security and Compliance. ITSA Day is a free event and open to the public. No advance registration is required.
Our website, http://www.itsa.ufl.edu, will be updated with any changes speakers and scheduling. Be sure to check it out for more information on the schedule, lodging, food and parking.